This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] Add SHF_COMPRESSED support to gas and objcopy
- From: Steve Ellcey <sellcey at imgtec dot com>
- To: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2015 08:54:06 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Add SHF_COMPRESSED support to gas and objcopy
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAMe9rOr2L_BfEG4JgEUbqQs8regCyNXW3-+J0cMcCW3RiOL1aw at mail dot gmail dot com>
- Reply-to: <sellcey at imgtec dot com>
On Wed, 2015-04-08 at 07:56 -0700, H.J. Lu wrote:
> Done. This is what I checked in.
I think this patch broke the bfd build (depending on what GCC you use to compile).
/scratch/sellcey/repos/sim-bug/src/binutils/bfd/compress.c: In function 'bfd_init_section_compress_status':
/scratch/sellcey/repos/sim-bug/src/binutils/bfd/compress.c:154:12: error: 'zlib_size' may be used uninitialized in this function [-Werror=uninitialized]
/scratch/sellcey/repos/sim-bug/src/binutils/bfd/compress.c:82:7: note: 'zlib_size' was declared here
cc1: all warnings being treated as errors
make: *** [compress.lo] Error 1