This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Some extensions to the .section directive for ELF and COFF
- From: Rafael EspÃndola <rafael dot espindola at gmail dot com>
- To: Rafael EspÃndola <rafael dot espindola at gmail dot com>, dvalin at internode dot on dot net, Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>, Cary Coutant <ccoutant at google dot com>
- Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2015 11:26:48 -0400
- Subject: Re: Some extensions to the .section directive for ELF and COFF
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAG3jReLKTfN_o1x7_jpMDVzMHemmx9K9P4-yU4qNLm2xtPpd+Q at mail dot gmail dot com> <20150326015631 dot GT26234 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org> <CAJimCsGPLYFYfAvF3OzyhCmCBvXp3FT3rF-7zb7H2jbi-3+BSQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <CALehDX7ec5i=-FCL1H=uuCwq2LXY53nt2a-MBZce3AZuEckqzQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <20150327114517 dot GA3655 at ratatosk> <CAG3jReJ_+vr08gKrNH7ucOcCFPHgW7_FvMph3O9d=+Kp954kww at mail dot gmail dot com> <20150328122351 dot GF26234 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org> <CAG3jReJdm8C20EfSaMZHcG4UBD83uxbZbA+YDNqhTfBk=8=gkw at mail dot gmail dot com>
> I am currently inclined to go with the unique id option. I will
> implement it Monday morning to
> see what it looks like.
So far so good.
An initial attempt found issues with ARM's unwind info (like Alan
Modra suspect there will be in gas), but they were easy to fix and a
bootstrap on a chromebook is going well now.
The extensions are documented in http://llvm.org/docs/Extensions.html
Thanks for all the feedback!