This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Why is gold still beta?
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- To: Christoph GrÃninger <foss at grueninger dot de>
- Cc: Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2015 15:25:56 -0700
- Subject: Re: Why is gold still beta?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <945115316 dot 328496 dot 1427964736283 dot JavaMail dot open-xchange at ptangptang dot store> <CAKOQZ8zsdgnOc4rHjKJ=V4aDpnRBP9NVO_Nfk1W7XfgKqmfd4w at mail dot gmail dot com> <551DBDEF dot 9040201 at grueninger dot de>
On Thu, Apr 2, 2015 at 3:08 PM, Christoph GrÃninger <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>> I think it can come out of beta when some distro makes it the
>> standard linker.
> Sounds like an chicken-and-egg problem to me. Which distro will include
> a beta linker as their default?
The people who select the software to provide in distros are not, in
my experience, hung up on labels.