This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Why is gold still beta?
- From: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- To: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- Cc: Christoph GrÃninger <foss at grueninger dot de>, Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2015 15:21:11 -0700
- Subject: Re: Why is gold still beta?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <945115316 dot 328496 dot 1427964736283 dot JavaMail dot open-xchange at ptangptang dot store> <CAKOQZ8zsdgnOc4rHjKJ=V4aDpnRBP9NVO_Nfk1W7XfgKqmfd4w at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Thu, Apr 2, 2015 at 10:44 AM, Ian Lance Taylor <email@example.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 2, 2015 at 1:52 AM, Christoph GrÃninger <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>> Hi folks,
>> I am wondering why gold is still marked as in beta testing. It was added
>> to binutils seven years ago.
>> Is there a reason for this? What is missing? Are there plans to release
>> it as a proper part of binuitls without being beta?
> I think it can come out of beta when some distro makes it the standard linker.
> (I'm actually not sure where it is marked as being in beta.)
Gold still can't generate working glibc: