This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Why is gold still beta?
- From: Christoph GrÃninger <foss at grueninger dot de>
- To: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- Cc: Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 03 Apr 2015 00:08:47 +0200
- Subject: Re: Why is gold still beta?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <945115316 dot 328496 dot 1427964736283 dot JavaMail dot open-xchange at ptangptang dot store> <CAKOQZ8zsdgnOc4rHjKJ=V4aDpnRBP9NVO_Nfk1W7XfgKqmfd4w at mail dot gmail dot com>
thanks for your answer.
> I think it can come out of beta when some distro makes it the
> standard linker.
Sounds like an chicken-and-egg problem to me. Which distro will include
a beta linker as their default?
> (I'm actually not sure where it is marked as being in beta.)
I was referring to the binutils page : "gold - A new, faster, ELF
only linker, still in beta test."
But in binutils/gold/README I cannot find the word beta at all.
When you die, that does not mean that you lose to cancer,
you beat cancer by how you live, why you live, and in the
manner in which you live. -- Stuart Scott, 1965-2015