This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Why is gold still beta?
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- To: Christoph GrÃninger <foss at grueninger dot de>
- Cc: Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2015 10:44:08 -0700
- Subject: Re: Why is gold still beta?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <945115316 dot 328496 dot 1427964736283 dot JavaMail dot open-xchange at ptangptang dot store>
On Thu, Apr 2, 2015 at 1:52 AM, Christoph GrÃninger <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Hi folks,
> I am wondering why gold is still marked as in beta testing. It was added
> to binutils seven years ago.
> Is there a reason for this? What is missing? Are there plans to release
> it as a proper part of binuitls without being beta?
I think it can come out of beta when some distro makes it the standard linker.
(I'm actually not sure where it is marked as being in beta.)