This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH 1/8] Add --with-system-zlib in bfd
- From: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>
- To: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>, GDB <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2015 14:46:18 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/8] Add --with-system-zlib in bfd
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150326155711 dot GA10088 at gmail dot com> <20150331061337 dot GA30996 at vapier> <CAMe9rOpRauO-5fxuV5bZkUC0tMbbi0tCTCmGQ0GEe1NXEa1dYw at mail dot gmail dot com> <551A78D4 dot 7050804 at redhat dot com> <CAMe9rOomwTtSiSS1K1zQpGvpArqZLDfOyapDVvC=Yfy5m3zBEg at mail dot gmail dot com> <551A7CB1 dot 4060101 at redhat dot com> <CAMe9rOoBdTqGa-k9nX9ktW23h-jfA34Jx5D4wqnqO+eb4c8buA at mail dot gmail dot com> <551A8907 dot 6070309 at redhat dot com> <CAMe9rOrnBFYcD_gmJ4EveCV57gfHFq=fEbfb0zYRQ6+NssrByQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <551A8FD9 dot 50807 at redhat dot com> <CAMe9rOqvAFcqRWLY3WuYh9dOH-NFDJLNhTpz3=pXtn=QsS-GJA at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 03/31/2015 02:43 PM, H.J. Lu wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 31, 2015 at 5:15 AM, Pedro Alves <email@example.com> wrote:
>> On 03/31/2015 01:01 PM, H.J. Lu wrote:
>>>>> They're all the same. Just a couple doesn't define zlibdir or zlibinc.
>>> If zlib.m4 is changed, I will use it and GCC can also use it. But I
>>> don't know if other packages use zlib.m4.
>> Please change it. Packages not in the tree can replace zlib.m4 with
>> something else if they need it, or adjust to the new body, and thus
>> end up consistent with the rest of the toolchain.
>> "git blame" shows that zlib.m4 was invented exactly to make
>> sure bfd/gdb use the same zlib switches and checks:
> These are changes I checked in.