This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH 1/8] Add --with-system-zlib in bfd
- From: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- To: Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>, GDB <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2015 03:10:37 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/8] Add --with-system-zlib in bfd
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150326155711 dot GA10088 at gmail dot com> <20150331061337 dot GA30996 at vapier>
On Mon, Mar 30, 2015 at 11:13 PM, Mike Frysinger <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> On 26 Mar 2015 08:57, H.J. Lu wrote:
>> --- a/bfd/configure.ac
>> +++ b/bfd/configure.ac
>> -# Link in zlib if we can. This allows us to read compressed debug sections.
>> -# This is used only by compress.c.
>> +# Use the system's zlib library.
>> +[AS_HELP_STRING([--with-system-zlib], [use installed libz])],
> this is wrong. the 3rd arg is whether the option was specified, not that the
> option was disabled. you need to check $withval is equal to "no" (or not equal
> to "yes").
That is what gcc/configure.ac has and it works for me.