This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] PR ld/18169: sh_info of .rel.plt/.rela.plt sections isn't correct
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- To: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2015 10:25:25 +1030
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] PR ld/18169: sh_info of .rel.plt/.rela.plt sections isn't correct
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150326183455 dot GA9206 at gmail dot com>
On Thu, Mar 26, 2015 at 11:34:55AM -0700, H.J. Lu wrote:
> Since .rela.plt/rel.plt section doesn't contain relocations against .plt
> section, we shouldn't set sh_info for .rela.plt/rel.plt section.
That depends entirely on your ABI. I'd argue that on x86 you ought to
be setting sh_info for .rel.plt to the .got.plt section index.
Setting sh_info to zero is not correct.
Australia Development Lab, IBM