This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] Add support for Nuxi CloudABI
- From: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- To: Ed Schouten <ed at nuxi dot nl>
- Cc: Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2015 07:27:43 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Add support for Nuxi CloudABI
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CABh_MK=OKFUhdb+6PqZwD4a4TxfGcaUAmXa8Z6_FDc7+tBJY5w at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Thu, Mar 26, 2015 at 6:58 AM, Ed Schouten <email@example.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
> The last couple of months my company been working on a system called
> CloudABI. To summarize, it is a POSIX-like system purely built on the
> concepts of capability-based security, similar to FreeBSD's Capsicum.
> More details can be found here:
> CloudABI has its own ELFOSABI constant that has been allocated by
> SCO/Caldera, ELFOSABI_CLOUDABI, having value 17.
I will check in a patch to define ELFOSABI_CLOUDABI.
> Attached is a small patch for Binutils to add support for this target.
> The changes from config.sub have already been upstreamed:
> Essentially there is no need to modify Binutils to support CloudABI,
> apart from modifying the linker to use a different ELFOSABI in the
> generated executables. The code for this is mostly identical to how
> this is done for FreeBSD.
1. elf_x86_64_cloudabi.sh is missing.
2. config.sub change should go to upstream first.
3. Missing ChangeLog entries.