This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH][GAS][AARCH64]Fix "align directive causes MAP_DATA symbol to be lost"
- From: Marcus Shawcroft <marcus dot shawcroft at gmail dot com>
- To: Renlin Li <renlin dot li at arm dot com>
- Cc: "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2015 11:06:30 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH][GAS][AARCH64]Fix "align directive causes MAP_DATA symbol to be lost"
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5511A0E4 dot 8020802 at arm dot com> <5512A987 dot 2000404 at redhat dot com> <CAFqB+Pz97Ysuz==AbbLn5jNPnTb1CPxFZX0-b-AQDzWkdbJD-A at mail dot gmail dot com> <5513E76A dot 4090808 at arm dot com>
On 26 March 2015 at 11:03, Renlin Li <email@example.com> wrote:
> Hi Marcus,
> After the change, we emit MAP_DATA symbols even there is no instruction in
> .text section.
> So we have got one more data symbol for bintest.s test case.
The insertion of the mapping symbol looks sane to me, it's the test
case that needs to deal with the additional local.