Re: Some extensions to the .section directive for ELF and COFF

>> The extension was to add an optional ",unique":

>> .section .text,"ax",@progbits,unique
>> .section .text,"ax",@progbits,unique
>>
>> Creates two sections named ".text".
>
> Sounds reasonable, but, having changed from one of these sections, how
> do you change back into the right one?  Hmm, I guess .pushsection
> .popsection will work, and .previous, but plain .text won't.  Oh well,
> I guess that's not a really big problem, but something that assembly
> programmers will need to consider.

I'd prefer to extend the .section directive so you can give each
section both an "internal" (or "assembler") name, and an "external"
(or "linker") name. You can give each section a unique internal name
and switch back and forth at will, but they'll all get written to the
output file with the external name.

-cary