This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Garbage collecting debug sections
- From: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- To: Nicholas Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Senthil Kumar Selvaraj <senthil_kumar dot selvaraj at atmel dot com>, Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>, Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2015 07:56:43 -0700
- Subject: Re: Garbage collecting debug sections
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150323140414 dot GA1921 at atmel dot com> <551028BB dot 3010804 at redhat dot com>
On Mon, Mar 23, 2015 at 7:52 AM, Nicholas Clifton <email@example.com> wrote:
> Hi Senthil,
>> However, it bails out after finding one such section (see attached
>> patch). Is this intentional?
> No, it is a bug. :-(
> When I was writing this code I was only interested in fragmentary
> .debug_line sections, and I failed to take into account that their might be
> other partial debug sections.
> Please feel free to commit an "obvious" patch to remove the "break;" from
> that loop.
Please also add a testcase to show it is handled properly.