This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: ld for ia64-hp-openvms target
- From: David SAUVAGE - AdaLabs Ltd <david dot sauvage at adalabs dot com>
- To: Tristan Gingold <gingold at adacore dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2015 20:54:39 +0400
- Subject: Re: ld for ia64-hp-openvms target
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5508028F dot 1000308 at adalabs dot com> <mvmy4mv6h2x dot fsf at hawking dot suse dot de> <55083C02 dot 30601 at adalabs dot com> <4F800C94-802F-4FD4-87F7-C30058CE5D43 at adacore dot com> <550883A9 dot 4000104 at adalabs dot com> <4E233EC2-EFF3-4009-BA17-AA42E21384AA at adacore dot com>
On 03/18/2015 12:45 PM, Tristan Gingold wrote:
I will add on my todo list to add ld support for ia64*-*-*vms* on latest binutils, any main hidden issues concerning this ?
AFAIK, no. The ia64-openvms port of GNU ld was only for cross. Do not expect command line compatibility with VMS link.
What would be the major issues using GNU ld in an ia64-hp-openvms native context ?
A layer on top of GNU ld could manage the command line compatibility.