This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: ld for ia64-hp-openvms target
- From: Tristan Gingold <gingold at adacore dot com>
- To: David SAUVAGE - AdaLabs Ltd <david dot sauvage at adalabs dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2015 09:45:55 +0100
- Subject: Re: ld for ia64-hp-openvms target
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5508028F dot 1000308 at adalabs dot com> <mvmy4mv6h2x dot fsf at hawking dot suse dot de> <55083C02 dot 30601 at adalabs dot com> <4F800C94-802F-4FD4-87F7-C30058CE5D43 at adacore dot com> <550883A9 dot 4000104 at adalabs dot com>
> On 17 Mar 2015, at 20:42, David SAUVAGE - AdaLabs Ltd <email@example.com> wrote:
> On 03/17/2015 07:00 PM, Tristan Gingold wrote:
>>> >/tmp/file.s:2: Error: unknown pseudo-op: `.pred.safe_across_calls'
>>> >/tmp/file.s:4: Fatal error: bad .section directive: want a,l,w,x,M,S,G,T in string
>> What is your input file ? Does it work with gas for ia64-linux ?
> There is an issue in my environment, seems the host /usr/bin/as was called instead of ia64-hp-openvms-as
> ia64-hp-openvms-ld now output the following, which seems nice !
> ia64-hp-openvms-ld: cannot find -limagelib
> ia64-hp-openvms-ld: cannot find -lstarlet
> ia64-hp-openvms-ld: cannot find -lsys$public_vectors
You have to import these libraries from a VMS system.
> I will add on my todo list to add ld support for ia64*-*-*vms* on latest binutils, any main hidden issues concerning this ?
AFAIK, no. The ia64-openvms port of GNU ld was only for cross. Do not expect command line compatibility with VMS link.