This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: ld for ia64-hp-openvms target
- From: David SAUVAGE - AdaLabs Ltd <david dot sauvage at adalabs dot com>
- To: Tristan Gingold <gingold at adacore dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2015 23:42:33 +0400
- Subject: Re: ld for ia64-hp-openvms target
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5508028F dot 1000308 at adalabs dot com> <mvmy4mv6h2x dot fsf at hawking dot suse dot de> <55083C02 dot 30601 at adalabs dot com> <4F800C94-802F-4FD4-87F7-C30058CE5D43 at adacore dot com>
On 03/17/2015 07:00 PM, Tristan Gingold wrote:
There is an issue in my environment, seems the host /usr/bin/as was
called instead of ia64-hp-openvms-as
>/tmp/file.s:2: Error: unknown pseudo-op: `.pred.safe_across_calls'
>/tmp/file.s:4: Fatal error: bad .section directive: want a,l,w,x,M,S,G,T in string
What is your input file ? Does it work with gas for ia64-linux ?
ia64-hp-openvms-ld now output the following, which seems nice !
ia64-hp-openvms-ld: cannot find -limagelib
ia64-hp-openvms-ld: cannot find -lstarlet
ia64-hp-openvms-ld: cannot find -lsys$public_vectors
I will add on my todo list to add ld support for ia64*-*-*vms* on latest
binutils, any main hidden issues concerning this ?