This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: ld for ia64-hp-openvms target
- From: Tristan Gingold <gingold at adacore dot com>
- To: David SAUVAGE - AdaLabs Ltd <david dot sauvage at adalabs dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2015 16:00:28 +0100
- Subject: Re: ld for ia64-hp-openvms target
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5508028F dot 1000308 at adalabs dot com> <mvmy4mv6h2x dot fsf at hawking dot suse dot de> <55083C02 dot 30601 at adalabs dot com>
> On 17 Mar 2015, at 15:36, David SAUVAGE - AdaLabs Ltd <email@example.com> wrote:
> On 03/17/2015 02:42 PM, Andreas Schwab wrote:
>> You'll probably just have to reinstall the change.
> Thanks for your feedback Andreas,
> using binutils 2.23.1, ia64-hp-openvms-ld is created successfully but I have some errors 
> I don't know if it is preferable to re-introduce the removed feature to binutils-2.24, or to go from past binutils commits.
> Any advises are most welcome,
> /tmp/file.s:2: Error: unknown pseudo-op: `.pred.safe_across_calls'
> /tmp/file.s:4: Fatal error: bad .section directive: want a,l,w,x,M,S,G,T in string
What is your input file ? Does it work with gas for ia64-linux ?