This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [Patch]Extend GAS arm_feature_set struct to provide more available bits
- From: Terry Guo <flameroc at gmail dot com>
- To: Nicholas Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>, Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org, Richard Earnshaw <Richard dot Earnshaw at arm dot com>, Ramana Radhakrishnan <ramana dot radhakrishnan at arm dot com>
- Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2015 10:22:32 +0800
- Subject: Re: [Patch]Extend GAS arm_feature_set struct to provide more available bits
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <007001d0572b$922edf60$b68c9e20$ at arm dot com> <54FECF9B dot 9010602 at redhat dot com> <CAGbRaL6Ypk7U1Tr8RW2atLjA6A+7N2+sEz6j-M7b4BME_4asjw at mail dot gmail dot com> <20150316074237 dot GC12856 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org> <CAGbRaL6HiBoESpiwXAmQ3WVSKgKfii=QPRzr9k5YqDtVjAMt-w at mail dot gmail dot com> <20150316114857 dot GE12856 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org>
On Mon, Mar 16, 2015 at 7:48 PM, Alan Modra <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 16, 2015 at 04:27:04PM +0800, Terry Guo wrote:
>> On Mon, Mar 16, 2015 at 3:42 PM, Alan Modra <email@example.com> wrote:
>> > On Mon, Mar 16, 2015 at 02:43:01PM +0800, Terry Guo wrote:
>> >> I am also curious here. As you can see from below URL, the default
>> >> mode for gcc 4.7 and 4.8 is still c90 which doesn't support long long.
>> > https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc/Long-Long.html
>> > Note "as an extension GCC supports them in C90 mode".
>> Thanks Alan. So in your opinion can we say it is safe to use long long
>> here? Will there be any other subtle performance issue if we use long
> I was really just replying to your comments about gcc and C90.
> I don't want to get into a stoush with the ARM maintainers. :)
> But now that I've looked at your patch, I'd be inclined to
> #include "bfd_stdint.h" and use uint64_t for the bitmask.
Hi Alan, thanks for your comments.
Hi Alan and Nick, I noticed that GDB now can be built with g++
https://sourceware.org/ml/gdb-patches/2015-03/msg00194.html. Is there
any plan to build whole binutils with g++? If so, I am thinking that
maybe I can use c++ bitset to handle those arm feature stuff which
should be more flexible and clean.