This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] Disable all target libraries if not building gcc
- From: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- To: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2015 16:37:12 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Disable all target libraries if not building gcc
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150313200654 dot GA32326 at intel dot com> <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 10 dot 1503162247470 dot 30120 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk>
On Mon, Mar 16, 2015 at 3:50 PM, Joseph Myers <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> On Fri, 13 Mar 2015, H.J. Lu wrote:
>> I am working on SHF_COMPRESSED support:
>> I will import zlib from GCC source tree into binutils-gdb tree. But zlib
>> failed to build as a target library in binutils-gdb. There is no need to
>> build target libraries if not building gcc. OK for master?
> This is definitely wrong. newlib / libgloss is a target library that
> certainly makes sense to build separately from GCC, and the toplevel
> configure / build code should be identical in all three repositories (GCC,
> binutils-gdb, newlib-cygwin).
We need to work out something to avoid building target libraries