This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Sort relocs output by ld -r
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- To: Andreas Krebbel <krebbel at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2015 14:35:00 +1030
- Subject: Re: Sort relocs output by ld -r
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20141204072210 dot GW20383 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org> <20150313195125 dot GA29455 at maggie>
On Fri, Mar 13, 2015 at 08:51:25PM +0100, Andreas Krebbel wrote:
> Due to the reloc sorting the order changed an the PLT32DBL reloc is
> executed after the rewrite and overwrites part of the load instruction
> with garbage.
> The attached patch mimics what you did for Mips and disables the
> sorting for relocations against code section. Does that look like a
> reasonable fix for this case as well?
Looks fine to me.
Australia Development Lab, IBM