This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
RFC: Import zlib from GCC tree
- From: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- To: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- Cc: Tristan Gingold <gingold at adacore dot com>, Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>, Paul Koning <Paul_Koning at dell dot com>, "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>, Thomas Schwinge <thomas at codesourcery dot com>, Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2015 09:32:59 -0700
- Subject: RFC: Import zlib from GCC tree
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
On Tue, Feb 24, 2015 at 6:14 AM, Joel Brobecker <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>> >> Sorry I didn't realize that we only put zlib in gcc tree, not in
>> >> binutils+gdb tree.
>> >> Will copy it over from gcc tree work?
>> > I think it would. But distro vendors might want to have an option
>> > to be able to build with the system zlib.
>> That is why --with-system-zlib is here.
> At first sight, and at the technical level, this seem to provide
> the tools needed to support builds with zlib.
I am working on SHF_COMPRESSED support:
I'd like to import zlib from GCC source tree. Any objections?