This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: RFC: Add support for SHF_COMPRESSED
- From: "Jan Beulich" <JBeulich at suse dot com>
- To: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- Cc: "Binutils" <binutils at sourceware dot org>,"GDB" <gdb at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2015 16:05:13 +0000
- Subject: Re: RFC: Add support for SHF_COMPRESSED
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAMe9rOp7=hH0HSVmbKohv=5JmcV25owj_RtnPYirG1Bhej=XkA at mail dot gmail dot com>
>>> On 13.03.15 at 16:31, <email@example.com> wrote:
> I am working on SHF_COMPRESSED support:
> We already have .zdebug* sections, which aren't compatible
> with SHF_COMPRESSED scheme due to missing compression
> header. What section names should we use for SHF_COMPRESSED
> debug sections. Using .debug* or .zdebug* will break existing tools.
> I am thinking .zlibdebug* or ..Zdebug*. Any suggestions?
Why would they need to have different names anyway? They're
distinguishable by the flag.