This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [AArch64][gas][2.25] Backport support for Cortex-A72
- From: Tristan Gingold <gingold at adacore dot com>
- To: Matthew Wahab <matthew dot wahab at arm dot com>
- Cc: "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2015 13:52:23 +0100
- Subject: Re: [AArch64][gas][2.25] Backport support for Cortex-A72
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <54DB672D dot 60500 at arm dot com> <CAFqB+Py5oOdx0Z9jMPLA09yGrKxhw9E-BN0K+Qto11VLkkQyKg at mail dot gmail dot com> <55002DAF dot 6090300 at arm dot com>
> On 11 Mar 2015, at 12:57, Matthew Wahab <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> A rebased and retested patch is attached.
Yes, ok for 2.25
> On 12/02/15 13:37, Marcus Shawcroft wrote:
>> On 11 February 2015 at 14:29, Matthew Wahab <email@example.com> wrote:
>>> This patch backports to binutils-2.25 support for the Cortex-A72 in the
>>> AArch64 backend.
>>> The trunk change is here:
>>> The commit log is here:
>>> Tested with check-gas for aarch64-none-linux-gnu, no failures.
>>> Ok for the branch?
>>> 2015-02-11 Matthew Wahab <firstname.lastname@example.org>
>>> * config/tc-aarch64.c: Add support for Cortex-A72.
>>> * doc/c-aarch64.texi (-mcpu=): Add "cortex-a72".
>> This patch, although not a bug fix, is likely to be useful in the
>> short term because gcc5 will accept -mcpu=cortex-a72 and hence may
>> inject .cpu cortex-a72 directives. I think we should take this back
>> port to binutils 2.25, however we need Tristan to agree first.