This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] Support gzip compressed exec and core files in gdb
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- To: Michael Eager <eager at eagerm dot com>
- Cc: "gdb-patches at sourceware dot org" <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>, binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2015 18:44:54 +1030
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Support gzip compressed exec and core files in gdb
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <54FF77D6 dot 7010400 at eagerm dot com>
On Tue, Mar 10, 2015 at 04:01:42PM -0700, Michael Eager wrote:
> This operation cannot be done completely by BFD because BFD allows an opened
> file to be passed to it for processing. GDB uses this functionality.
I'd prefer you do this entirely outside of BFD, without adding another
field to struct bfd. I think that can be done by simply clearing
abfd->cacheable on files you uncompress. This prevents BFD from
closing the file, so you won't need to open it again.
Australia Development Lab, IBM