This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
RE: [RFC,MIPS] Changing the mapping for the 'move' instruction
- From: Matthew Fortune <Matthew dot Fortune at imgtec dot com>
- To: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro at linux-mips dot org>, Ralf Baechle <ralf at linux-mips dot org>
- Cc: Richard Sandiford <rdsandiford at googlemail dot com>, "Moore, Catherine (Catherine_Moore at mentor dot com)" <Catherine_Moore at mentor dot com>, Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>, "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2015 20:47:42 +0000
- Subject: RE: [RFC,MIPS] Changing the mapping for the 'move' instruction
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <6D39441BF12EF246A7ABCE6654B0235320FE4CA6 at LEMAIL01 dot le dot imgtec dot org> <alpine dot LFD dot 2 dot 11 dot 1503021810280 dot 4138 at eddie dot linux-mips dot org>
Maciej W. Rozycki <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> On Mon, 2 Mar 2015, Matthew Fortune wrote:
> > Assuming there are cores that would specifically benefit from other
> > encodings for move instructions... then I think we can legitimately
> > hang that off a specific -march= option as it is likely to be an
> > exception rather than the rule.
> I think you actually meant `-mtune=' here, didn't you?