This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH 1/2] objcopy: Factor out some of the option parsing code.
- From: Andrew Burgess <andrew dot burgess at embecosm dot com>
- To: Steve Ellcey <sellcey at imgtec dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2015 18:08:21 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/2] objcopy: Factor out some of the option parsing code.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <175d62402c134c5961a0758844c8262e43e43fc6 dot 1424695434 dot git dot andrew dot burgess at embecosm dot com> <1424969501 dot 27855 dot 204 dot camel at ubuntu-sellcey> <20150226174006 dot GV28840 at embecosm dot com> <1424972795 dot 27855 dot 212 dot camel at ubuntu-sellcey>
* Steve Ellcey <email@example.com> [2015-02-26 09:46:35 -0800]:
> On Thu, 2015-02-26 at 17:40 +0000, Andrew Burgess wrote:
> > Does the patch below fix the issue for you? I rename optarg to arg,
> > which I don't believe is a global, but given that I have no faith in
> > the shadow detection in my version of GCC, I'm nervous to just push
> > this without it being confirmed to fix the issue.
> > If you can confirm this then I'll push it. Alternatively, I'll setup
> > an alternative GCC to compile with that hopefully will give me the
> > shadow warning you see.
> > Sorry for the breakage,
> > Andrew
> Yes, that patch fixed the build problem for me.
Then I've pushed it.