This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH 1/2] objcopy: Factor out some of the option parsing code.
- From: Steve Ellcey <sellcey at imgtec dot com>
- To: Andrew Burgess <andrew dot burgess at embecosm dot com>
- Cc: <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2015 09:46:35 -0800
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/2] objcopy: Factor out some of the option parsing code.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <175d62402c134c5961a0758844c8262e43e43fc6 dot 1424695434 dot git dot andrew dot burgess at embecosm dot com> <1424969501 dot 27855 dot 204 dot camel at ubuntu-sellcey> <20150226174006 dot GV28840 at embecosm dot com>
- Reply-to: <sellcey at imgtec dot com>
On Thu, 2015-02-26 at 17:40 +0000, Andrew Burgess wrote:
> Does the patch below fix the issue for you? I rename optarg to arg,
> which I don't believe is a global, but given that I have no faith in
> the shadow detection in my version of GCC, I'm nervous to just push
> this without it being confirmed to fix the issue.
> If you can confirm this then I'll push it. Alternatively, I'll setup
> an alternative GCC to compile with that hopefully will give me the
> shadow warning you see.
> Sorry for the breakage,
Yes, that patch fixed the build problem for me.