This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: PATCH: Compress debug sections for Linux/x86 by default
- From: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- To: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Tristan Gingold <gingold at adacore dot com>, Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>, Paul Koning <Paul_Koning at dell dot com>, "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>, Thomas Schwinge <thomas at codesourcery dot com>, Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2015 15:14:11 +0100
- Subject: Re: PATCH: Compress debug sections for Linux/x86 by default
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <E84FB265-3FC7-4FD3-B894-45145A5A55DD at adacore dot com> <CAMe9rOo2np7Q1sQwVyV02zYFB=ndCz5iGVKE7oF12ifxzkjY8Q at mail dot gmail dot com> <20150112042920 dot GE23768 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org> <CAMe9rOoU08h-WGHZq_Pwm=nGV1nDNPwvQqsh7UAp-UL6C6P1xQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <20150220122546 dot GS29052 at adacore dot com> <CAMe9rOpXYo9WyTaey3sKiu7QyAXNB3mNbUzE6_dto2tq2q=mxQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <20150220123839 dot GT29052 at adacore dot com> <CAMe9rOrMg9pP4EgcWxdXjLb1AkWhqa3tMDqpxr14tB53RKAR5A at mail dot gmail dot com> <20150224071636 dot GA6136 at adacore dot com> <CAMe9rOqBx=oaK10i7Fe4z-8YA1v2u4nCufYv+-Ut3KnG3b=uuA at mail dot gmail dot com>
> >> Sorry I didn't realize that we only put zlib in gcc tree, not in
> >> binutils+gdb tree.
> >> Will copy it over from gcc tree work?
> > I think it would. But distro vendors might want to have an option
> > to be able to build with the system zlib.
> That is why --with-system-zlib is here.
At first sight, and at the technical level, this seem to provide
the tools needed to support builds with zlib.