This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: ping [was: Slow readelf for huge ARM binary]
- From: Nicholas Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>, Dmitry Antipov <dantipov at nvidia dot com>
- Cc: Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2015 13:28:09 +0000
- Subject: Re: ping [was: Slow readelf for huge ARM binary]
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <54DB73B5 dot 7000504 at nvidia dot com> <54E6016B dot 9060904 at nvidia dot com> <CAMe9rOpQEt1jkkJ-NamQryv=qqCgSYUiDr9K0BKWpbmu-xT=Mw at mail dot gmail dot com> <54E71A36 dot 1080506 at nvidia dot com> <CAMe9rOp7t1u4jv+C-=-jqGoucMLRf8=STn5Ni0J+70R2x7ZhgA at mail dot gmail dot com>
I have seen similar issues on x86.
What's an actual issue on x86?
readelf processes the whole file when it only needs some
simple things. I have to stop readelf on a GB x86 input file after
I take it that this problem is not related to the display of unwind
I have checked in Dmitry's patch, but if you have an x86 testcase I can
look at I will investigate further.