This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH, FT32] Place ctors/dtors in RAM
- From: Nicholas Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: James Bowman <james dot bowman at ftdichip dot com>, "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2015 11:34:50 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH, FT32] Place ctors/dtors in RAM
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CA9BBF0458F83C4F9051448B941B57D1171BE0EC at glaexch1>
Please can someone review this patch, and if appropriate
I am sorry, but this patch does not look correct to me. First off the
constructors and destructors are already being placed into RAM, via the
definition of the TORS macro.
Secondly the patch also alters lots of other parts of the ft32 linker
script, and for no good reason that I can see.
Why is this patch necessary, and what is it really doing ?