This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] readelf: handle corrupted chains better
- From: Nicholas Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: Mike Frysinger <vapier at gentoo dot org>, binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2015 09:56:49 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] readelf: handle corrupted chains better
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1424761006-14664-1-git-send-email-vapier at gentoo dot org>
2015-02-24 Mike Frysinger <email@example.com>
* readelf.c (process_symbol_table): Declare chained. Increment it
in every loop. Abort when chained is larger than nchains. Move
error check outside of chain loop.
Approved - please apply.
(Thanks for doing this. I knew that there was a better way to protect
against loops, but my brain just could not come up with it).