This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: ping [was: Slow readelf for huge ARM binary]
- From: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- To: Dmitry Antipov <dantipov at nvidia dot com>
- Cc: Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2015 04:23:46 -0800
- Subject: Re: ping [was: Slow readelf for huge ARM binary]
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <54DB73B5 dot 7000504 at nvidia dot com> <54E6016B dot 9060904 at nvidia dot com> <CAMe9rOpQEt1jkkJ-NamQryv=qqCgSYUiDr9K0BKWpbmu-xT=Mw at mail dot gmail dot com> <54E71A36 dot 1080506 at nvidia dot com>
On Fri, Feb 20, 2015 at 3:27 AM, Dmitry Antipov <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> On 02/19/2015 08:06 PM, H.J. Lu wrote:
>> I have seen similar issues on x86.
> What's an actual issue on x86?
readelf processes the whole file when it only needs some
simple things. I have to stop readelf on a GB x86 input file after
>> Please open a bug report and fix it properly for all targets.
> I'll need some IA64 and HPPA binaries for testing - are there
> some standard ones to download?