This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [Patch/ARM] Skip private symbol when doing objdump
- From: Ramana Radhakrishnan <ramana dot gcc at googlemail dot com>
- To: Jiong Wang <jiong dot wang at arm dot com>
- Cc: "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2015 15:46:20 +0000
- Subject: Re: [Patch/ARM] Skip private symbol when doing objdump
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <54D0B30F dot 6030807 at arm dot com>
- Reply-to: ramrad01 at arm dot com
On Tue, Feb 3, 2015 at 11:37 AM, Jiong Wang <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> __tagsym$$ is used as a prefix to tag particular symbols by the proprietary
> ARM toolchain. This patch gives higher priority to proper symbol names so
> that they are shown in the disassembly appropriately.
> before this patch, for "objdump -D", sometime we display
> after this patch, we display:
> this result make more sense for the user.
> pass native full binutils check
> ok for trunk?
This is OK - thanks and sorry about the delay in reviewing this.
> 2015-02-03 Jiong Wang <email@example.com>
> * arm-dis.c (arm_symbol_is_valid): Skip ARM private symbols.
> * binutils-all/arm/rvct_symbol.s: New testcase.
> * binutils-all/arm/objdump.exp: Run it.