This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [AArch64][gas][2.25] Backport support for Cortex-A72
- From: Marcus Shawcroft <marcus dot shawcroft at gmail dot com>
- To: gingold at adacore dot com
- Cc: "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>, Matthew Wahab <matthew dot wahab at arm dot com>
- Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2015 13:37:38 +0000
- Subject: Re: [AArch64][gas][2.25] Backport support for Cortex-A72
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <54DB672D dot 60500 at arm dot com>
On 11 February 2015 at 14:29, Matthew Wahab <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> This patch backports to binutils-2.25 support for the Cortex-A72 in the
> AArch64 backend.
> The trunk change is here:
> The commit log is here:
> Tested with check-gas for aarch64-none-linux-gnu, no failures.
> Ok for the branch?
> 2015-02-11 Matthew Wahab <email@example.com>
> * config/tc-aarch64.c: Add support for Cortex-A72.
> * doc/c-aarch64.texi (-mcpu=): Add "cortex-a72".
This patch, although not a bug fix, is likely to be useful in the
short term because gcc5 will accept -mcpu=cortex-a72 and hence may
inject .cpu cortex-a72 directives. I think we should take this back
port to binutils 2.25, however we need Tristan to agree first.