This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: RFC: [PATCH] Support -plugin-opt=disable-output for LLVM plugin
- From: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- To: Rafael EspÃndola <rafael dot espindola at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2015 18:15:07 -0800
- Subject: Re: RFC: [PATCH] Support -plugin-opt=disable-output for LLVM plugin
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150211234140 dot GA18695 at intel dot com> <CAG3jReLoiE+scugTZXeJXeFVJpHuAOjErYcXCG5t55u5Q89A9g at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAMe9rOoX1FPMuOQXu+1xB_iyehGzaVxXG7siutHX-bCsvyEszA at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAG3jReLmhv20pTPqrkbggdxKYB11AaqVRoCsW_DXb4Tb6hW36w at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Wed, Feb 11, 2015 at 5:15 PM, Rafael EspÃndola
> On 11 February 2015 at 20:06, H.J. Lu <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>> On Wed, Feb 11, 2015 at 4:52 PM, Rafael EspÃndola
>> <email@example.com> wrote:
>>> I would be happy to transition the plugin to an exit callback if that
>>> was supported by both bfd and gold.
>> I don't know if we have one for both ld and gold.
> I don't think gold has one, but if it was added we could transition to
> it by calling the exit callback if provided or the libc exit if not.
You can use atexit. It is used elsewhere in llvm.
>> BTW, the enclosed patch for lllvm is needed for ld.
> I think it is OK. Can you email it to llvm-commits?
gold-plugin tests have 2 issues:
1. It expects gold:
ld_version = subprocess.Popen(['ld', '--version'], stdout = subprocess.PIPE)
if not 'GNU gold' in ld_version.stdout.read():
2. It expects elf32ppc support:
emulations = fields.split()
if 'elf32ppc' not in emulations or 'elf_x86_64' not in emulations:
Even my gold doesn't have elf32ppc support.