This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH 0/2] PR ld/17878: Merge linker plugin handling into BFD plugin support
- From: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- To: Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2015 04:55:47 -0800
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/2] PR ld/17878: Merge linker plugin handling into BFD plugin support
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150209130058 dot GA15024 at gmail dot com> <20150210001703 dot GF4274 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org>
On Mon, Feb 9, 2015 at 4:17 PM, Alan Modra <email@example.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 09, 2015 at 05:00:58AM -0800, H.J. Lu wrote:
>> This series merge linker plugin handling into BFD plugin support.
>> Linker plugin_maybe_claim is the interface of linker plugin support.
>> This patch extracts linker plugin_maybe_claim into plugin_object_p and
>> makes it available to BFD via a new function:
>> void register_ld_plugin_object_p (const bfd_target *(*) (bfd *));
>> bfd_plugin_object_p calls plugin_object_p first registered by linker. It
>> adds an enum bfd_plugin_format field and a pointer to plugin dummy BFD so
>> that plugin_object_p stores plugin dummy BFD to allow plugin_maybe_claim
>> to retrieve it later.
>> Tests are added to verify if nm, ar and ld can properly handle LTO IR
>> stored in plain text file.
> Thanks, this looks like a move in the right direction to me.
Great. I will check in my changes. I will fix any issues they may cause.