This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH][gas][ARM] Add support for Cortex-A72
- From: Ramana Radhakrishnan <ramana dot radhakrishnan at arm dot com>
- To: Will Newton <will dot newton at linaro dot org>
- Cc: Matthew Wahab <Matthew dot Wahab at arm dot com>, "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>, gingold at adacore dot com
- Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2015 09:08:37 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH][gas][ARM] Add support for Cortex-A72
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <54D1F0C8 dot 5010201 at arm dot com> <CAJA7tRYk115H-s+P_Dsbcu8L23if6Bg00nn8q0UkdJEY8-ctzg at mail dot gmail dot com> <CANu=Dmj_KsyFrHsEpumuACfe_HmH+7JopXF0g-XvqzbA_ZySoQ at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 11/02/15 03:50, Will Newton wrote:
On 4 February 2015 at 13:21, Ramana Radhakrishnan
On Wed, Feb 4, 2015 at 10:13 AM, Matthew Wahab <email@example.com> wrote:
The Cortex-A72 is an ARMv8 core with the same architectural features as the
Cortex-A57. This patch adds support to GAS for the command line option
-mcpu=cortex-a72 with the same effect as the -mcpu=cortex-a57 option, only
the name being different.
Tested with check-gas for arm-none-linux-gnueabihf. Tested the new cpu
option from the command line.
Ok for trunk?
2015-02-04 Matthew Wahab <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* config/tc-arm.c: Add support for Cortex-A72.
Ok with a follow up to deal with doc/c-arm.texi
This should be safe for the 2.25 branch too, do you plan to backport it?
I think it makes sense as folks would have this in the distros with the
next release of the compiler. We should look at breaking this dependancy
in the compiler if possible but that's not going to happen till stage1
Tristan, any objections ?