This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH][gas][ARM] Add support for Cortex-A72
- From: Will Newton <will dot newton at linaro dot org>
- To: Ramana Radhakrishnan <ramrad01 at arm dot com>
- Cc: Matthew Wahab <matthew dot wahab at arm dot com>, "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2015 03:50:04 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH][gas][ARM] Add support for Cortex-A72
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <54D1F0C8 dot 5010201 at arm dot com> <CAJA7tRYk115H-s+P_Dsbcu8L23if6Bg00nn8q0UkdJEY8-ctzg at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 4 February 2015 at 13:21, Ramana Radhakrishnan
> On Wed, Feb 4, 2015 at 10:13 AM, Matthew Wahab <email@example.com> wrote:
>> The Cortex-A72 is an ARMv8 core with the same architectural features as the
>> Cortex-A57. This patch adds support to GAS for the command line option
>> -mcpu=cortex-a72 with the same effect as the -mcpu=cortex-a57 option, only
>> the name being different.
>> Tested with check-gas for arm-none-linux-gnueabihf. Tested the new cpu
>> option from the command line.
>> Ok for trunk?
>> 2015-02-04 Matthew Wahab <firstname.lastname@example.org>
>> * config/tc-arm.c: Add support for Cortex-A72.
> Ok with a follow up to deal with doc/c-arm.texi
This should be safe for the 2.25 branch too, do you plan to backport it?
Toolchain Working Group, Linaro