This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH 0/2] PR ld/17878: Merge linker plugin handling into BFD plugin support
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- To: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2015 10:47:03 +1030
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/2] PR ld/17878: Merge linker plugin handling into BFD plugin support
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150209130058 dot GA15024 at gmail dot com>
On Mon, Feb 09, 2015 at 05:00:58AM -0800, H.J. Lu wrote:
> This series merge linker plugin handling into BFD plugin support.
> Linker plugin_maybe_claim is the interface of linker plugin support.
> This patch extracts linker plugin_maybe_claim into plugin_object_p and
> makes it available to BFD via a new function:
> void register_ld_plugin_object_p (const bfd_target *(*) (bfd *));
> bfd_plugin_object_p calls plugin_object_p first registered by linker. It
> adds an enum bfd_plugin_format field and a pointer to plugin dummy BFD so
> that plugin_object_p stores plugin dummy BFD to allow plugin_maybe_claim
> to retrieve it later.
> Tests are added to verify if nm, ar and ld can properly handle LTO IR
> stored in plain text file.
Thanks, this looks like a move in the right direction to me.
Australia Development Lab, IBM