This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [g]make test and building with Clang
- From: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- To: Ed Maste <emaste at freebsd dot org>
- Cc: binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2015 13:58:27 -0800
- Subject: Re: [g]make test and building with Clang
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAPyFy2D858VUdTs_678-qiSnXAib2p7X3GO-rQB11sfa+gvDzQ at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Mon, Feb 9, 2015 at 1:55 PM, Ed Maste <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> On 9 February 2015 at 16:45, H.J. Lu <email@example.com> wrote:
>> But I got many "make check" failures on master branch on
> Ah, this might just be due to my inexperience with the binutils test
> suite - it seems that it stopped after reporting the gas failure.
I use "make -j8 -k check".
> After working around that I see failures in ld similar to what you
> FAIL: bootstrap
> FAIL: bootstrap with strip
> FAIL: bootstrap with --traditional-format
> FAIL: bootstrap with --no-keep-memory
> FAIL: bootstrap with --relax
> === ld Summary ===
> # of expected passes 107
> # of unexpected failures 5
> # of expected failures 1
> # of untested testcases 1
> # of unsupported tests 16
> (and no gold etc. tests were run).
Let's fix those failures first before changing code