This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Gold testsuite fails with gcc-5
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- To: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2015 00:48:10 +1030
- Subject: Gold testsuite fails with gcc-5
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
script_test_1 and script_test_11 both fail for me when using gcc-5.
>From script_test_1, the following assert
extern char a, b, c, d, e, f, g;
int sym = 3;
assert(reinterpret_cast<int*>(&e) == &sym);
is compiled to an unconditional assertion failure, since (apparently)
sym can't alias e.
script_test_11 has a similar problem
unsigned int foo __attribute__((section(".foo")));
extern char __foo_start;
if (&__foo_start != (char *)&foo)
with the above condition being evaluated as true at compile time.
Australia Development Lab, IBM