This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: PATCH: PR ld/14272: Mark the plugin symbol undefined
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- To: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2015 12:22:46 +1030
- Subject: Re: PATCH: PR ld/14272: Mark the plugin symbol undefined
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20120628221026 dot GA5008 at intel dot com> <CAMe9rOqVkDWQ3gzojEQzRLmcj=DC+a9GS5HWX2Zy9S7HD9QkBA at mail dot gmail dot com> <20150204110841 dot GN14796 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org> <CAMe9rOoh3dVaRUSWFb5=V=CEtsL24+s=7DeZiDQ+a7LtEU4q_w at mail dot gmail dot com> <20150206005938 dot GY14796 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org> <CAMe9rOqd1RzU9hfqYkg+Tbyd0hSLgoWi3ECVBWaX8YAr5iNQ7Q at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Thu, Feb 05, 2015 at 05:06:38PM -0800, H.J. Lu wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 5, 2015 at 4:59 PM, Alan Modra <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> > On Wed, Feb 04, 2015 at 04:36:16AM -0800, H.J. Lu wrote:
> >> On Wed, Feb 4, 2015 at 3:08 AM, Alan Modra <email@example.com> wrote:
> >> > On Tue, Feb 03, 2015 at 09:06:47AM -0800, H.J. Lu wrote:
> >> >> PR ld/12365
> >> >> * ld-plugin/pr12365a.c: New file.
> >> >> * ld-plugin/pr12365b.c: Likewise.
> >> >> * ld-plugin/pr12365c.c: Likewise.
> >> >
> >> > The testcase fails when using gcc-5. Also, gcc-5 objects don't seem
> >> > exercise your _bfd_elf_fix_symbol_flags code. I presume you need an
> >> > older version of gcc, with lto bugs, to need those hacks. Is that
> >> > true? Can you write a testcase that does exercise your
> >> > _bfd_elf_fix_symbol_flags code?
> >> The -flto-partition default was changed. I checked in this patch
> >> to pass -flto-partition=none to the PR ld/12365 test.
> > The test fails when using gcc-4.7.2 on powerpc64-linux. Please fix it.
> Does it fail with gcc 4.8? What is the error message?
No error message. The link succeeds. Similarly with gcc-4.9 and
gcc-5 on powerpc64-linux. Did you try your testcase on any
architecture besides x64_64 and x86?
Australia Development Lab, IBM