This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH][gas][AArch64] Add support for Cortex-A72
- From: Marcus Shawcroft <marcus dot shawcroft at gmail dot com>
- To: Matthew Wahab <matthew dot wahab at arm dot com>
- Cc: "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2015 12:49:55 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH][gas][AArch64] Add support for Cortex-A72
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <54D1F082 dot 2000205 at arm dot com>
On 4 February 2015 at 10:12, Matthew Wahab <email@example.com> wrote:
> The Cortex-A72 is an ARMv8 core with the same architectural features as the
> Cortex-A57. This patch adds support to GAS for the command line option
> -mcpu=cortex-a72 with the same effect as the -mcpu=cortex-a57 option, only
> the name being different.
> Tested check-gas with aarch64-none-linux-gnu, no failures. Tested the new
> cpu option from the command line.
> Ok for trunk?
> 2015-02-04 Matthew Wahab <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> * config/tc-aarch64.c: Add support for Cortex-A72.
> * doc/c-aarch64.texi (-mcpu=): Add "cortex-a72".
OK, commit it, thanks. /Marcus