This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] PR gold/17640
- From: Ilya Tocar <tocarip dot intel at gmail dot com>
- To: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>, Cary Coutant <ccoutant at google dot com>
- Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2015 14:01:56 +0300
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] PR gold/17640
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150202134701 dot GA91020 at msticlxl7 dot ims dot intel dot com> <CAMe9rOpzSBoiykoFG+YuAK8QYsguqzZNrvj2sE7EhafUzOjJJw at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 02 Feb 06:41, H.J. Lu wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 2, 2015 at 5:47 AM, Ilya Tocar <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> > Hi,
> > This patch adds mov to lea conversion to gold (as discussed in PR).
> > It provides about 1.5% performance gain on SPEC2000 geomean,
> > when pie is used.
> > OK for trunk?
> The patch is incomplete. Gold generates a useless R_386_RELATIVE
> relocation together with an unused GOT slot:
As main performance gain is from mov2lea transformation, I think that
removal of unused GOT entities can be done later.