This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] libiberty/argv.c: Use freeargv() instead of free() to avoid memory leak.
- From: Chen Gang S <gang dot chen at sunrus dot com dot cn>
- To: Andrew Burgess <andrew dot burgess at embecosm dot com>
- Cc: dj at redhat dot com, ian at airs dot com, binutils at sourceware dot org, gcc-patches List <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2015 06:33:14 +0800
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] libiberty/argv.c: Use freeargv() instead of free() to avoid memory leak.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <54C8C94E dot 9030305 at sunrus dot com dot cn> <20150128120219 dot GA5978 at embecosm dot com>
On 1/28/15 20:02, Andrew Burgess wrote:
> * Chen Gang S <firstname.lastname@example.org> [2015-01-28 19:34:38 +0800]:
>> libiberty/argv.c | 2 +-
>> 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)
>> diff --git a/libiberty/argv.c b/libiberty/argv.c
>> index f2727e8..9fdd55b 100644
>> --- a/libiberty/argv.c
>> +++ b/libiberty/argv.c
>> @@ -454,7 +454,7 @@ expandargv (int *argcp, char ***argvp)
>> /* Free up memory allocated to process the response file. We do
>> not use freeargv because the individual options in FILE_ARGV
>> are now in the main ARGV. */
>> - free (file_argv);
>> + freeargv (file_argv);
> I'm not commenting on the correctness of the patch, however, you will
> need to update the comment just above this change.
> Personally, I'd also hope that the commit message explains why the
> comment is no longer correct, rather than just stating that the change
> has been made.
Oh, sorry! After read the comments carefully, for me, it doesn't need
additional explanation. Sorry for my carelessness, also excuse me for my
Open, share, and attitude like air, water, and life which God blessed