This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: linker and debug section question
- From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro at linux-mips dot org>
- To: Steve Ellcey <sellcey at imgtec dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2015 16:18:17 +0000 (GMT)
- Subject: Re: linker and debug section question
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <31b57ae2-3db6-4264-a178-f965d7e2e8e6 at BAMAIL02 dot ba dot imgtec dot org>
On Thu, 22 Jan 2015, Steve Ellcey wrote:
> This is making some executables (like coremark) 3 times larger than
> they were with the 2.24 ld. I know I can strip out the debug information
> but I was wondering why the behaviour changed.
Would you be able to bisect the tree to track down the offending change?
I think that would help solving the mystery.