This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: ping: [RFA] Add --with-libz-prefix option in config/zlib.m4
- From: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- To: Tristan Gingold <gingold at adacore dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, binutils at sourceware dot org, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2015 09:33:21 +0100
- Subject: Re: ping: [RFA] Add --with-libz-prefix option in config/zlib.m4
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150107144548 dot GX5432 at adacore dot com> <20150121074758 dot GM4041 at adacore dot com> <50F92C76-7138-46CB-B620-D6001120A5D1 at adacore dot com>
> What is the rational for having --with-zlib but --with-libz-prefix
> (ie zlib vs libz) ? Looks not very consistent.
I agree it's unfortunate, but it is unavoidable if I want to keep the
current option as it is (compatibility), and reuse AC_LIB_HAVE_LINKFLAGS
(which is a fairly complex function).