This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Experimental branches
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- To: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- Cc: Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>, gdb-patches <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2015 13:54:45 +1030
- Subject: Re: Experimental branches
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20141223132714 dot GA11973 at adacore dot com> <CAHACq4qPSC6YX_uAcT0n35QD61LxATcKhjG0BXQ-qRhQ+GU63A at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAMe9rOqGKgd2gF6FLEAO4JQuDzyQJ8DXw94eE3ckO=ZiEep+SA at mail dot gmail dot com> <20141223180802 dot GP12884 at adacore dot com> <CAHACq4ovTQCoTpXnnU1_Rpo7cR5gDwpYZkd17zfm2dwpWJNorA at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAMe9rOprFe_cqVPoz6Bd1Fh3GaBYkHyem+upZQFe=FRrQW3tfg at mail dot gmail dot com> <20141224002022 dot GQ12884 at adacore dot com> <CAHACq4pOQzXqhePkuvm_-b0dtHiwBCre2V_d3JbtotaPooN0zA at mail dot gmail dot com> <20150115235652 dot GU23768 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org> <20150116031811 dot GR8167 at adacore dot com>
On Fri, Jan 16, 2015 at 07:18:11AM +0400, Joel Brobecker wrote:
> > We also seem to be getting a full diff on binutils-cvs rather than the
> > summary we used to have.
> That one is actually intentional. I really think that those diffs
> are really useful - at least to me - and this was discussed a bit
> when I made the proposal to switch to the new hooks. Do you think
> they are a problem?
Not a problem, just not terribly useful. Patches are supposed to be
posted to binutils (hi Nick!) before or when committing so why
duplicate the diff on binutils-cvs?
Australia Development Lab, IBM