This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: PATCH: PR ld/17842: [ARM] Gap between sections and section headers when ld -s is used when ld -s is used
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- To: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>, Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2015 12:48:23 +1030
- Subject: Re: PATCH: PR ld/17842: [ARM] Gap between sections and section headers when ld -s is used when ld -s is used
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20141230220548 dot GA3126 at intel dot com> <20150114180739 dot GA21910 at intel dot com> <20150115010403 dot GP23768 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org> <CAMe9rOpfEEac_s_EMO50sf-i7216=pwdRrBGQ7VX+DFRx7wmjQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <20150115015839 dot GQ23768 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org>
On Thu, Jan 15, 2015 at 12:28:39PM +1030, Alan Modra wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 14, 2015 at 05:41:26PM -0800, H.J. Lu wrote:
> > On Wed, Jan 14, 2015 at 5:04 PM, Alan Modra <email@example.com> wrote:
> > > On Wed, Jan 14, 2015 at 10:07:39AM -0800, H.J. Lu wrote:
> > >> * elflink.c (bfd_elf_final_link): Assign the file position for
> > >> the symbol table only there are symbols to be emitted.
> > >
> > > Not OK. Search for places where elf_link_output_sym is called.
> > >
> > For info->strip == strip_all, can backend still output local symbols?
> Yes, and when emit_relocs too. I'm testing the following.
Which fails. Hmm, the real problem is that the arm backend is
emitting a symbol without the first all-zero symbol being present..
Australia Development Lab, IBM