This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: 2.25 many new ld-elf testsuite failures on ia64
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- To: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>, Jan Beulich <JBeulich at suse dot com>, Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2015 11:23:13 +1030
- Subject: Re: 2.25 many new ld-elf testsuite failures on ia64
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <54AE5BCB02000078000528B8 at mail dot emea dot novell dot com> <CAMe9rOpFmjZSUiAGdfY5LwUkCED6G3mOcQDEnnkLRZB7Q+ZppA at mail dot gmail dot com> <20150108224351 dot GC10535 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org> <CAMe9rOrN6dNz6fEV_GWyEcT0D=YWK2N0mKEjSghAhX2OhfNzFA at mail dot gmail dot com> <20150108233641 dot GP1405 at tucnak dot redhat dot com> <20150113122615 dot GL23768 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org> <CAMe9rOrnNWVF5XMN48-DXm1CDHLGhPM2kUoN+UMjXnUsGeukdg at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Tue, Jan 13, 2015 at 04:48:06AM -0800, H.J. Lu wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 13, 2015 at 4:26 AM, Alan Modra <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> > On Fri, Jan 09, 2015 at 12:36:41AM +0100, Jakub Jelinek wrote:
> >> On Thu, Jan 08, 2015 at 02:57:16PM -0800, H.J. Lu wrote:
> >> > It was started from:
> >> >
> >> > https://www.sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2004-01/msg00070.html
> >> >
> >> > Jakub, do you remember why it wasn't implemented for ia64?
> >> I don't remember, sorry.
> > Huh. I took a look and found this thread
> > https://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2003-05/msg00432.html
> > where I suggested disabling DATA_SEGMENT_ALIGN by not defining
> > COMMONPAGESIZE for ia64.
> Thanks for digging it up. Should we put it somewhere in elfxx-ia64.c?
The comment you put in ld/emulparams/elf64_ia64.sh should be enough.
More importantly, is the bug you found in the above thread still
present? Commit e57278ef or some other patch might have cured it.
Australia Development Lab, IBM